Data from Nationwide showed that the
On year, house prices jumped to 11.8% in June from 11.1% last month. Economists were expecting an increase of 11.2%.
The pound strengthened to an 8-day high of 1.5230 against the franc and a new 2-week high of 0.7969 against the euro, compared to Tuesday's values of 1.5213 and 0.7970, respectively. On the upside, the pound may find resistance around 1.53 against the franc and 0.79 against the euro.
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks