The pound rose to 1.7131 against the US dollar, its highest since
Moving away from an early low of 173.25 against the yen, the pound climbed to nearly a 2-week high of 173.91.
The pound advanced to 4-day highs of 1.5197 against the Swiss franc and 0.7988 against the euro, from early lows of 1.5161 and 0.8006, respectively.
If the pound extends its uptrend, it is likely to find resistance around 0.78 against the euro, 1.72 against the greenback, 174.20 against the yen and 1.53 against the franc.
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges