The pound rose to 1.7131 against the US dollar, its highest since
Moving away from an early low of 173.25 against the yen, the pound climbed to nearly a 2-week high of 173.91.
The pound advanced to 4-day highs of 1.5197 against the Swiss franc and 0.7988 against the euro, from early lows of 1.5161 and 0.8006, respectively.
If the pound extends its uptrend, it is likely to find resistance around 0.78 against the euro, 1.72 against the greenback, 174.20 against the yen and 1.53 against the franc.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World