PhatWare Corporation, leading professional software and application developer, announces today the immediate availability of the new version of multilingual handwriting recognition WritePad Software Development Kit (SDK) for Microsoft Windows and Windows Phone. The WritePad SDK is now optimized for the Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 allowing development of desktop, metro, WinRT, and phone applications, including support for ARM, X86, and X64 architectures. The SDK also features improved handwriting recognition quality especially when used for recognition of large digital ink data, and updated UNICODE (UTF-16) APIs for better compatibility with other operating systems. WritePad SDK sample code and documentation have been also updated, including new universal Windows Metro/Windows Phone sample.
WritePad SDK enables application developers to add handwriting-based text input, which is automatically converted to digital text. The WritePad SDK is also available for OEM licensing. WritePad SDK evaluation is free, while commercial redistribution is royalty-based. To request free evaluation online, inquire about commercial pricing, and for more information about the WritePad SDK, please visit PhatWare's web site at http://www.phatware.com/developer.
WritePad SDK Features
• Recognizes natural handwritten text in a variety of handwriting styles: cursive (script), PRINT and MIXed
• Recognizes dictionary words from its main or user-defined dictionary, as well as non-dictionary words, such as names, numbers and mixed alphanumeric combinations
• Provides automatic segmentation of handwritten text into words and automatically differentiates between vocabulary and non-vocabulary words, and between words and arbitrary alphanumeric strings
• Supports 11 languages, including English (US,
• Supports Microsoft Windows 7/8/8.1 and Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1 including x86, x64, and ARM architectures
• Does not require a user to train the software and allows for most users to achieve high accuracy right "out of the box"
• Reliably recognizes handwriting and provides spell checking and word completion features
WritePad SDK for Windows and Windows Phone is shipped with the handwriting recognition engine libraries (DLLs) for Windows Metro, Desktop, and Phone development, dictionaries for all supported languages including US Medical dictionary, API header files, documentation, and sample code in C/C++ and C#. In addition to Windows and Windows Phone, WritePad SDK is also available on iOS and Android OS. To request a free evaluation, copy the WritePad SDK, please visit PhatWare web site at http://www.phatware.com/index.php?q=page/writepadsdk/evaluation.
Copyright © PhatWare Corp. 2014.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/07/prweb11986757.htm
Most Popular Stories
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day