This will save farmers from the losses incurred during transportation. Wasilwa was speaking during the company's corporate day on Saturday.
He said the weigh bridges will be built at Mayanja Kibuke and Misikhu markets This will reduce the company's transport costs and losses incurred as a result of spillage during transpor- tation. "Our ultimate vision is to have as many weigh bridges as possible, close to the farmers to make maximum profits," Wasilwa said.
He said the company is committed to improving the living standards of farmers by offering the best prices for cane delivered. "We are the highest paying sugar company in the region. We pay of Sh3,200 per tonne.
We will increase the price according to market trends," Wasilwa said.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Hispanic Designer Honored As Rising Star
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine