The Minister of Agriculture and
He also described the sector as a viable platform to promote exportation and attract foreign investment..
The Minister, who was represented by the regional Director, South West,
"To further push the sector, government will also promote trade through established best global practices in fisheries management."
While commending the activities of the
He expressed his appreciation to Grande Cereals Limited Jos, Plateau State, a subsidiary of
He equally stressed the need for stakeholders to make fish farming more profitable, stating that good step towards such direction would guarantee market which will lead to increase in the volume of production, thereby reducing the unit cost of each bag of fish feed.
The minister, who endorsed Vital Fish Feed, said he was convinced that the endorsement would also spur positive competition from other fish feed producers and suppliers.
To assure Nigerians of the sustainability of the project, he said his ministry would support Grande Cereals and other local fish feed producers or would be investors in increasing the production of good quality fish feed in the country.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Why BofA Won't Pay $17 Billion After All
- Obama Weighs Move on Legal Immigration
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Eric Holder Arrives in Ferguson
- Spiders Get Bigger, Reproduce Faster in Cities