These are worth Ush20,491,548,550/- at the current market price as bonus shares to shareholders who were on the register by June20, 2014.
The bonus shares shall be allotted in the ratio of 11 new shares for every eight shares held by the shareholders respectively on that day, and such new shares shall rank pari passu (with an equal step" or "on equal footing) for all purposes with existing issued shares of the Company.
NIC shareholders approved the bonus issue during the Company's 13th Annual General Meeting held at the
Dr. Aliker whilst presenting the Company's 2013 Annual Report and Accounts, on behalf of the Chairman Mr. Remi Olowude, said that the Company's Premium increased in 2013 by 22% from Ush7.827billion recorded in 2012 to Ush9.521billion as at
Total Assets also grew by 3.6% from USh82.053 billion in 2012 to USh85.036 billion in the year under review. Similarly, Underwriting Profit increased by 34% from USh4.360 billion in 2012 to USh5.485 billion in 2013.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad