stocks rose yesterday even though resources shares |came under pressure as
Amplats was down 0.31 percent to R461.07. Rival
Joburg's Top-40 rose 0.7 percent to 45 969 and the All-share index gained 0.63 percent to 50 945.
Generic drug maker
The company's shares fell |9 percent last week from an intra-week peak of R318.36 on Tuesday amid media reports that management had "guided for a softer second half in
The firm said the remarks were consistent with previous management statements.
Trade was relatively slow with about 132 million shares changing hands, according to preliminary bourse date. Advancers outpaced decliners, 202 to 130. - Reuters
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Clinton Wants U.S., E.U. to Get Tough on Russia
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American
- GM Looking for Ignition Fix for Certain Cadillacs
- U.S. Stocks Start the Week on Shaky Ground
- BlackBerry Appoints New COO from LiveOps Inc.