Louisiana State Rep. Lenar Whitney, a Republican currently running for U.S. Congress, called climate change the "greatest deception in the history of mankind" as part of a plan for the administration to increase taxes.
In an ad for her congressional campaign released Wednesday, she called Al Gore's documentary, An Inconvenient Truth, a work of propaganda and said a 10-year-old could delegitimize his theory.
"Quite inconveniently for Al Gore, and for the rest of the politicians who continue to advance this delusion, any 10-year-old can invalidate their thesis with one of the simplest scientific devices known to man: a thermometer," Whitney said.
Despite the below average temperatures North America saw last winter, scientist claim this too was a consequence of climate change.
Climate change remains a contentious issue despite an overwhelming majority of scientists saying that man-made climate change is real. President Obama and the Environmental Protection Agency announced new rules aimed at curbing carbon emissions by 30 percent by 2030.
Original headline: Lenar Whitney: Climate change is the biggest 'deception'
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World