Louisiana State Rep. Lenar Whitney, a Republican currently running for U.S. Congress, called climate change the "greatest deception in the history of mankind" as part of a plan for the administration to increase taxes.
In an ad for her congressional campaign released Wednesday, she called Al Gore's documentary, An Inconvenient Truth, a work of propaganda and said a 10-year-old could delegitimize his theory.
"Quite inconveniently for Al Gore, and for the rest of the politicians who continue to advance this delusion, any 10-year-old can invalidate their thesis with one of the simplest scientific devices known to man: a thermometer," Whitney said.
Despite the below average temperatures North America saw last winter, scientist claim this too was a consequence of climate change.
Climate change remains a contentious issue despite an overwhelming majority of scientists saying that man-made climate change is real. President Obama and the Environmental Protection Agency announced new rules aimed at curbing carbon emissions by 30 percent by 2030.
Original headline: Lenar Whitney: Climate change is the biggest 'deception'
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Obama on Labor Day: Don't Take Rights for Granted
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Buyer's Remorse on Common Core for Policymakers?
- California Passes First US Statewide Bag Ban
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- American Airlines Back on Obitz
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps