The objective is to provide easy access to niche, yet complementary, trading strategies in the commodity sector. The approach to portfolio management is fundamental, and portions of the portfolio will be sub-advised by traders with extensive experience in the cash markets via managed accounts.The Fund will be available to accredited/QEP investors.
"Academics have shown that an exposure to commodities is important for successful portfolio diversification," said Bouroudjian. "But what history has proven is that unless your timing is flawless, having the ability to be both long and short is critical to that success." Jack is a regular contributor to
"Our intent from the start has been to provide a pure commodity exposure for investors," said Thompson. "We typically see commodity allocations made via mutual funds that invest in commodity companies or via indices that are long only and have structural flaws. We felt that the truest way to invest in this asset class is through long and short positions based on sound fundamental analysis by seasoned traders."
The firm expects a first close for the fund in 3Q14.
In addition to the
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/06/prweb11979956.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant