Meanwhile, geopolitical tensions have also helped gold edge higher with fierce fighting reported in eastern
In economic news, activity in the US manufacturing sector grew at an unexpectedly slower rate in June, a report from the
Chinese manufacturing purchasing managers' index rose to a six-month high in June after a weak start to the year, a survey by the China Federation Of Logistics And Purchasing and the
Gold for August delivery, the most actively traded contract, gained
Gold for August delivery scaled an intraday high of
On Monday, gold futures ended higher with the dollar trended lower, although gains were limited on concerns over the ongoing violence in
The dollar index, which tracks the US unit against six major currencies, traded at 79.78 on Tuesday, a tad higher from its previous close of 79.78 late Monday in North American trade. The dollar scaled a high of 79.87 intraday and a low of 79.74.
The euro traded lower against the dollar at
In economic news from the US, the
Construction spending in the US increased by 0.1% to an annual rate of
Elsewhere, Chinese manufacturing purchasing managers' index rose to a six-month high in June to 51 from 50.8 in May, in-line with economists' expectations.
Meanwhile, eurozone unemployment rate remained unchanged at an elevated level in May as flattening recovery in the second quarter strained job creation, data from Eurostat revealed Tuesday. The jobless rate came in at a seasonally adjusted 11.6% in May after April's figure was revised down from 11.7%. Economists had forecast the unemployment rate to remain at 11.7%.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant
- Hamas Claims Gaza Ceasefire as Victory Over Israel