ENP Newswire -
Release date- 27062014 - Network equipment vendor
Its SDN platform is based on the OpenDaylight (ODL) controller, on the premise that SDN migration needs open standards and strong support, said the vendor.
The system will preserve the integrity of the open programme interface (API) provided by ODL while making it easier to orchestrate data centers and provide networking services to clients.
Its adherence to the OpenFlow standard and other open APIs will mean service providers can update their existing infrastructure and make it compatible with the new software defined network.
'Open APIs will transform networks through customization,' Nispel said.
'Now service providers and enterprises can get the efficiency they need.'
Extreme has also launched the
The initiative awards prizes for applications that make the most creative use of the vendor's new SDN platform.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant