ENP Newswire -
Release date- 27062014 - Network equipment vendor
Its SDN platform is based on the OpenDaylight (ODL) controller, on the premise that SDN migration needs open standards and strong support, said the vendor.
The system will preserve the integrity of the open programme interface (API) provided by ODL while making it easier to orchestrate data centers and provide networking services to clients.
Its adherence to the OpenFlow standard and other open APIs will mean service providers can update their existing infrastructure and make it compatible with the new software defined network.
'Open APIs will transform networks through customization,' Nispel said.
'Now service providers and enterprises can get the efficiency they need.'
Extreme has also launched the
The initiative awards prizes for applications that make the most creative use of the vendor's new SDN platform.
Most Popular Stories
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Intruder Gets into White House
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton