The German DAX rose 0.71%, the French CAC 40 added 0.87% and the
In corporate news,
Miners were among the best performers in
In economic news, eurozone manufacturing recovery slowed slightly more than initially estimated in June, final data from Markit Economics showed. Nonetheless, the score remained above 50, extending the recovery to a twelfth successive month in June.
The final Purchasing Managers' Index for manufacturing dipped to a seven-month low of 51.8 in June from 52.2 in May and below the earlier flash estimate of 51.9.
Estimates released by the
Meanwhile, the German Federal Statistics reported that jobless rate in the nation was unchanged at 5.1% in May.
A separate survey showed that manufacturing activity in the
Chinese manufacturing purchasing managers' index rose to a six-month high in June after a weak start to the year. The results of a survey by the China Federation Of Logistics And Purchasing and the
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8