The U.S. dollar drifted up to the upper
At noon, the dollar fetched
The euro was quoted at
The U.S. manufacturing sector expanded for the 13th straight month in June, though at a slower pace than the previous month, according to a report released overnight by the
New car sales in
U.S. Treasury yields rose following the reports, drawing traders to the dollar from the yen on widening interest rate gaps.
The U.S. currency is likely to remain confined in a narrow range between
U.S. Federal Reserve chief
"She's unlikely to shift to a hawkish stance on raising interest rates in view of the recent (mixed) economic data, so I don't expect the dollar to gain much against the yen even after she speaks," Sakai said.
The euro traded in a tight range against the dollar and the yen Wednesday morning, a day before the
The ECB is expected to stand pat on policy after unveiling unprecedented easing measures including a negative deposit rate at its June meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say