Traders also expressed appetite for higher-yielding currencies after a strong report on Chinese factory activity signaled the pace of the global recovery is picking up.
The dollar slipped near
Data showing robust activity in British manufacturing increased speculation the Bank of
At the same time, the Federal Reserve is widely seen waiting until mid-2015 as the US recovers from a brutal economic contraction in the first quarter of this year.
The dollar was flat near
There was little movement against the yen as the dollar stabilized following three straight days of modest losses. The pair held at
In economic news, eurozone manufacturing recovery slowed slightly more than initially estimated in June, final data from Markit Economics showed. Nonetheless, the score remained above 50, extending the recovery to a twelfth successive month in June.
The final Purchasing Managers' Index for manufacturing dipped to a seven-month low of 51.8 in June from 52.2 in May and below the earlier flash estimate of 51.9.
Estimates released by the
Meanwhile, the German Federal Statistics reported that jobless rate in the nation was unchanged at 5.1% in May.
A separate survey showed that manufacturing activity in the
Chinese manufacturing purchasing managers' index rose to a six-month high in June after a weak start to the year. The results of a survey by the China Federation Of Logistics And Purchasing and the
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Parents Opt to Keep Baby Photos off Facebook
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- Rising U.S. Consumer Prices Slowed Down in July
- Home Depot Builds Nice Net Income in Q2
- Mike Brown Death Timeline
- Student Entrepreneurs Get a Leg Up in Philly
- Taylor Swift is a Country Dweller No More
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery