Datalogic, a global leader in the Automatic Data Capture (ADC) market, known for cutting edge technology in the development of bar code scanners, mobile computers, and vision systems, is happy to announce the availability of the Elf™ Healthcare PDA. This ergonomic PDA boasts an enclosure made of chemical resistant plastics - enabling it to withstand daily cleaning with harsh disinfectant solutions commonly found in various healthcare settings such as Sani-cloth®cleaners, CaviWipes™ and others.
The Elf Healthcare PDA is a product line extension of the robust Datalogic Elf PDA, capitalizing on its ergonomics and proven reliability. The Elf Healthcare PDA is equipped with the Datalogic patented 'Green Spot' and a vibrating alert providing good read feedback while avoiding noisy beeps. These two features help to ensure quiet, restful scanning during patient bedside applications.
"In healthcare the prevention of infection is a serious concern and we took that into consideration with the new Healthcare Elf PDA," states
Significant feature points found in the Elf Healthcare PDA include:
• Single slot dock (SSD) available in chemical resistant plastic
• Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5 operating system
• Laird/Summit embedded 802.11 a/b/g radio for enterprise-class mobile connectivity with CCX V4 certification
• Bluetooth® Wireless Technology v2.0 with EDR
• Wide aspect 2D imager
• 3 Megapixel auto-focus camera with flash
• 256 MB RAM/256 MB Flash memory
• XScale™ PXA 310@624 MHz processor
• User-accessible microSD card slot compatible with SDHC
• Rugged design allowing for a 1.2m / 4.0 ft drop spec to concrete
• IP64 sealing protection rating
• Wavelink Avalanche® device management (pre-licensed)
• Pal™ Application Suite included
The Elf Healthcare PDA provides much needed mobility throughout various healthcare applications such as: Wristband identification, exam tracking, medication dispensing, bedside point of care and medication administration, specimen barcodes, blood bag traceability and breast milk tracking.
Datalogic ADC, the world leader in Automatic Data Capture, offers state of the art solutions with fixed position retail scanners, handheld scanners and mobile computers. Datalogic ADC's range includes in-counter and on-counter point of sale scanners, general purpose and ruggedized handheld scanners, rugged mobile computers, industrial PDAs and vehicle mount computers. Solutions for applications in several sectors include healthcare, hospitality/entertainment, manufacturing, retail, services and transportation & logistics.
Businesses in the retail sector can particularly benefit from Datalogic ADC's vision-based technology solutions, analytical tools, self-shopping solutions and consumer relationship technologies.
A division of the
Datalogic and the Datalogic logo are registered trademarks of
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/06/prweb11982184.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Fiat, Renault Strike Deal on New Light Vehicle
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana
- Senate, House Locking Horns on Border Funds
- Jeter, Bauer Give Fox a Strong Week in TV Ratings
- LinkedIn to Buy Ad Tech Company Bizo for $175 Million
- A's Agree to 10-Year Lease to Stay in Oakland