LOS ANGELES (AP) — Yahoo says it's giving the sitcom "Community" a sixth season online.
Yahoo and Sony Pictures Television announced Monday that the show's creator, Dan Harmon, will serve as an executive producer for 13 new episodes.
The companies say cast members including Joel McHale, Gillian Jacobs and Yvette Nicole Brown will come along as the canceled NBC TV show moves online to Yahoo Screen this fall.
In a statement paraphrasing Mark Twain, McHale says reports of the show's cancellation were "greatly exaggerated."
"Community" is about a group of friends who come together at a community college with an iffy pedigree. The comedy has loyal followers but too few for NBC, which dropped it from next season's schedule.
Yahoo credits passionate "Community" fans with keeping the show alive.
Original headline: 'Community' rebounds with new episodes on Yahoo
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Obama on Labor Day: Don't Take Rights for Granted
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Buyer's Remorse on Common Core for Policymakers?
- California Passes First US Statewide Bag Ban
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- American Airlines Back on Obitz
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps