ENP Newswire -
Release date- 30062014 - The site of one of the most significant battles in Scottish history came to life this weekend as tens of thousands of people from the
The much-anticipated event sold out over both days on 28-29 June as 20,000 people flocked to the site. Highlights of the weekend included popular headline performances from
The pinnacle of the weekend was the medieval battle which was performed by the team at Clanranald - known for their work in movies like Gladiator and
Around 10 per cent of the audience came from overseas and around 40 clans groups attended the event, which also included storytelling, children's activities and quality local food and produce.
'Alongside Pipefest and
'We are only halfway through the 2014 Year of Homecoming Scotland, and what a way to celebrate this was! Of course there is still a lot more to come throughout the next six months with the Forth Bridges Festival, Highland Homecoming,
'There were those who thought we may not reach our ticket sales targets, but we are delighted to have sold out both days. Bannockburn Live had a great atmosphere and all the artists and performers have absolutely loved it. Bannockburn Live is one of over 900 events in the Homecoming Scotland 2014 programme, which include the Forth Bridges Festival, Whisky Month, John Muir Festival, Ryder Cup Concert, World Sheepdog Trials and the MTV Europe Music Awards.'
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Koch Brothers Took Genes, Money in Different Directions
- Rocket Explodes During U.S. Test Flight
- Short-Term Loans Comes at a Heavy Price
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures