Adia's 30-year annualised return edged up to 8.3 per cent from 8.2 per cent in as its 20-year annualised rate of return for 2013 was marginally down from 7.6 per cent in 2012.
Looking forward, Adia expects global economic growth will increasingly be sourced from emerging economies and the developed world will gradually and steadily recover from the damage caused by the financial crisis.
"Despite short-term setbacks, emerging markets, and particularly
According to Adia, beyond
The Abu Dhabi headquartered SWF has assets estimated at
Approximately 75 per cent of Adia's assets are managed by external fund managers whose activities are subject to careful oversight and around 55 per cent of its assets are invested in index-replicating strategies.
In its 2013 review on
In 2013 Adia's investment portfolio remained unchanged with developed markets equities at 32 per cent to 42 per cent of total allocations and emerging markets equities at 10 per cent to 20 per cent.
In terms of geographies
In equities, last year, additional funds were allocated to its core European, Emerging Europe and
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Stocks Moving Higher Again for 4th Day
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight