What America is Thinking on Energy Issues - Poll: Large Majorities of North Carolina Voters Support Investments in
Strong bipartisan majorities of registered
"Strong majorities of
"The people of
The state-wide telephone poll, conducted for the NCPC by Harris Poll among 600 registered voters in
- 91 percent say that increased production of domestic oil and natural gas resources could lead to more jobs in the U.S., with broad agreement across the political spectrum (87 percent of Democrats, 91 percent of Independents and 97 percent of Republicans).
- 90 percent say that increased development of the country's energy infrastructure is good for American consumers.
- 89 percent say that increased production of domestic oil and natural gas resources could help stimulate the economy.
- 87 percent say that increased development of the country's energy infrastructure would help strengthen America's energy security.
- 81 percent say that producing more domestic oil and natural gas could benefit federal and state budgets through leases payments, royalty fees and other sources of revenue.
- 73 percent say that they support offshore drilling for domestic oil and natural gas resources.
NCPC is a division of API, which represents all segments of America's oil and natural gas industry. Its more than 600 members produce, process, and distribute most of the nation's energy. The industry also supports 9.8 million U.S. jobs and 8 percent of the U.S. economy.
The study was conducted
"What America is Thinking on Energy Issues" is a public opinion series provided by API, offering data to inform policy discussions and ensure policymakers and others know Americans' perspectives on key energy issues.
What America Is Thinking On Energy Issues - Access and Infrastructure:
Slides: What America Is Thinking On Energy Issues - Access and Infrastructure in
TNS 18EstebanLiz-140610-30FurigayJane-4760943 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia