The Standard & Poor's 500 index rose 1.8 points, or 0.1 per cent, to close at an all-time high of 1,951 on Monday.
The Dow Jones industrial average nudged up 18 points, or 0.1 per cent, to 16,943. The Nasdaq gained 14 points, or 0.3 per cent, to 4,336.
The drug company Merck announced a deal to buy
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free