Tracy Morgan's rep has stepped forward to deny claims that the actor will be losing his leg following his involvement in a deadly crash in New Jersey on Saturday.
The former 30 Rock star, 45, remains in critical condition following Saturday's six-vehicle incident, but even though his leg was broken during the crash his rep told TMZ, that "rumors about his leg [being amputated] are completely fabricated."
The rep added that the actor's fiancee Megan Wollover, who is by his side in the hospital, was the one who wanted to put an end to the amputation buzz.
As for the actor's leg surgery, the rep said his family and team was working closely with the hospital to share more details about his condition.
"This recovery will be arduous and we hope that you can be patient during this difficult time," the rep added.
Morgan's limo-bus, two tractor-trailers, two cars and an SUV were involved in Sunday's incident in New Jersey. Officials said the accident was caused by one of the tractor trailers as the driver "failed to observe slow-moving traffic ahead" and "swerved to try and avoid the Mercedes limo" at the last minute, forcing it to overturn.
Kevin Roper, 35, who was driving a Walmart truck at the time of the incident, has been charged with one count of death by auto and four counts of assault by auto.
Original headline: Tracy Morgan's rep says reports that his leg will be amputated are ...
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Discounts Help U.S. Auto Sales Sizzle in July
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Colorado Issuing Immigrant Driver's Licenses
- Recruiting and Keeping the Perfect Employee
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- Fiat Looks Abroad After Chrysler Merger Vote
- Dow Wipes Out Gains for the Year: What Happens Now?
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill