Japan GDP rose 1.6% quarter-over-quarter, bigger than the 1.5% growth estimated initially and the consensus estimate of 1.4% growth. This followed a 0.1% rise in the fourth quarter and marked the fastest increase since the 2.6% increase in the third quarter of 2011.
Data published by the
The Swiss franc fell to 4-day lows of 1.2194 against the euro, 0.8955 against the US dollar and 1.5048 against the pound, from last week's closing quotes of 1.2188, 0.8927 and 1.5003, respectively . If the franc extends its downtrend, it is likely to find support around the 1.22 against the euro, 0.90 against the greenback and 1.51 against the pound.
The Swiss franc slipped to 114.41 against the yen, from last week's closing quote of 114.64. If the franc extends its downtrend, it is likely to find support around the 113.42 area.
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?