Notice Type: Sources Sought Notice
Subject: RFI-Cloud Based Capabilities
Classification Code: D - Information technology services, including telecommunications services
Solicitation Number: FA3300-14-AU_CLOUD
Place of Performance (address): TBDMaxwell AFB, AL
Place of Performance (zipcode): 36112
Place of Performance Country: US
Air Education and Training Command
THIS NOTICE IS NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP).
The purpose of this request is to gather information from industry on Cloud-Based capabilities available to improve the management and educational experience associated with
It is essential the government (inclusive of information gained under this
* 1. Software as a Service (SaaS): Identify cloud-based software applications related to functions commonly employed by core services in higher education. Identify means for gaining efficiencies and capabilities, via cloud-optimized applications, with elastic resource consumption, services-based integration, and accessibility from any device across core services supporting students, faculty, administrators, and support staff associated with the following:
* i. Available cloud-based solutions supporting development of curriculum for access and use across virtual and physical networks.
* b. Course Management and Delivery
* i. Learning Management System employed as SaaS with integration to hybrid-cloud environments supporting public and private shared services and systems accessing virtual and physical networks supporting faculty course assignment, student enrollment, registration, attendance and grade reporting.
* ii. Integrated learning environments configured as cloud-optimized instance applications
* c. Research Services Supporting Students, Faculty, Administrators, and Support Staff
* i. Distributed public and private library services supporting literature reviews, check-out of digital and hard-copy resources, electronic journal subscriptions, student thesis and dissertation submissions, review and publication management applications
* iii. Laboratory and simulation technologies.
* iv. Survey and data collection applications.
* v. Institutional review and effectiveness assessments, Quality Effectiveness Programs (QEP), program reviews, and reporting to accreditation agencies.
* d. Student Information and Business Process Management Tools Associated With Registrar Services (see Attachment 1:
* i. Capability to meet the security, reporting or compliance requirements required for the protection of student data/information (addressed by FERPA and DoD requirements)
* ii. Industry best practices for security, reporting, and compliance standards commonly applied to sensitive or PII information in the commercial sector.
* iii. Cloud computing business process and master data management (BPM and MDM) tools for managing registrar business logic, processes, and associated data supporting core registrar services involving course grade recording, transcript generation, review, and requests, credit-transfer reviews, institutional course catalog management, archived and current registration, enrollment, and course completion statistics.
* iv. Common hurdles incurred when migrating disparate registrar systems to a cloud solution.
* 2. Platform as a Service (PaaS): Experience providing institutions of higher education platforms to host their organic or commercially-licensed applications and tools supporting curriculum development, course management and delivery, research services, and student information and management systems associated with registrar services
* a. Flexibility normally afforded to implement/configure firewalls changes.
* b. Support for multiple physical locations for PaaS, on a global scale, that can be supported with automatic failover to standby with no intervention required for services associated with database platforms to resume as soon as failover is complete.
* 3. Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS); Experience providing institutions of higher education IaaS capabilities for offering virtual machine instances with their own physically distinct, independent infrastructure supporting targeted configurations of CPU, memory, storage, and networking capacity offered on demand for supporting a range of resident, distance, or blended learning curricular programs.
* a. Support for establishing hybrid-cloud environments consisting of private and public clouds sharing systems, data, and services.
* b. Flexibility normally afforded to implement/configure firewall changes supporting hybrid-cloud environments involving multiple virtual machine instances with unique security group specifications.
* 4. Visibility provided to the cloud-user to assure service quality of the cloud-provider.
* 5. Cost factors and calculators to model, estimate, and manage costs associated with cloud delivery models, services, and usage.
* 6. Applicable cost model framework utilized by academic institutions using cloud services.
* 7. Provide a ROM estimate for cost and time-to-implement. Information will better enable the respective government function to develop a decision making landscape for senior leadership.
* 8. Commonly accepted practices to prevent cost overrun associated with usage.
* 9. Highlight existing contracts available to 42nd Contracting to access the envisioned support.
* 10. Hurdles commonly encountered when migrating and integrating legacy stovepipe systems into a cloud solution.
* 11. Commonly employed tools, processes, and support for ensuring a successful migration of existing systems, services employed by an institution of higher education to a cloud solution.
Dependent on the response to this
The Government considers information on market capabilities, common industry standards, latest technological advances, commercial terms and conditions, timelines for adaptation and integration, estimated pricing and possible suppliers and sources as essential to developing future acquisitions. Respondents should submit soft-copy via e-mail to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org and mailto:email@example.com by the date and time specified above. Though the Government prefers soft-copy any hardcopy submission can be mailed to
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones