He expressed these views in a ceremony of placement of new carpet (gifted by Saudi Arabia) in Faisal Mosque Campus of the
Indonesian Ambassador to Pakistan Burhan Mohamed and ambassadors from various Islamic countries including Palestine,
Earlier, in his welcoming remarks Dr Al-Draiweesh thanked Saudi government for the gift of carpet and cooperation with IIUI. "IIUI always strives for providing quality education to students of Muslim Ummah as they are our real asset" President IIU said. He said Mosque has central role in Islamic society which provides a sense of unity among Muslims. He added that Muslims should refrain from extremism and violence and termed sectarianism a root cause of many problems of Muslim Ummah.
It is pertinent to mention that the cost of the gifted carpet is more than 30 million while 30 years back Saudi Government had also gifted the carpet to Faisal Mosque which is now replaced with the new one.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Prison Workers Wanted
- Jennifer Lopez Throws Big Bash for Birthday
- Citigroup Unit Paying $5 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Small Firms Take Out the Trash in Jersey
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Obama Seeks Help From Central American Leaders