The pound which ended yesterday's deals at 1.5063 against the franc and 0.8088 against the euro rose to 5-day highs of 1.5083 and 0.8081, respectively.
The pound edged up to 1.6814 against the greenback from yesterday's closing quote of 1.6799.
If the pound extends gain, it may face resistance around 1.688 against the greenback, 0.80 against the euro and 1.52 against the franc.
Most Popular Stories
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Risks of Layoffs Becoming Rarer in U.S.
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks