The deal, which covers two-thirds of Total's £2.6bn pensioner liabilities, is the second largest bulk annuity deal to date after
Total, the fifth largest listed oil company in the world, has about 7,000 defined benefit pensioners in the
A batch of jumbo-sized buy-in, buy-out and longevity swap deals this year have put 2014 on track to be a record year for the pension scheme insurance market.
Last year saw just over £16bn of deal signed by pension insurers and pension trustees.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia