* Health and home on your phone Apple revealed its plans for its iPhone software for the next year, complete with Home and Health apps.
Apple's Home app promises to automate the house, remotely connecting lights, locks, TVs and washing machines, and make them all controllable via voice, thanks to Siri. Utter the words "It's time for bed, Siri" and it'll switch off all the lights and lock the door without you having to lift a finger.
* Music in every room as easy as working the radio That's the promise of Pure's new Bluetooth Caskeid, a wireless technology that fires audio around the home between Wi-Fi-connected speakers. Stream music to one of them and the system handles the rest, making sure your whole house is in sync.
* Fly round the world powered just by the sun That's the dream of Solar Impulse 2 - a solar-powered plane that took its inaugural flight this week. The plane took off from Payerne in
* Dyson invented smartglasses 10 years before Google The British vacuum company revealed designs for a pair of smartglasses designed in 2001 and had a working prototype in 2003, a decade before
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?