The 43-year-old actor and the "Let It Go" singer were married for ten years before they separated in
"I'd be lying if I said there weren't times when I thought, 'Oh man, people are going to trip out [if we split],'" the actor tells the magazine. "Maybe they thought it was cute that we met in Rent."
"There weren't a lot of couples like us in the theater community," he continues. "And I know there aren't a lot of performers as talented as she is... and then you have the whole mixed [race] thing. It was easy for people to root for us. Right now, we're still trying to figure out a lot of stuff because we're on different coasts and our son is getting older."
Diggs and Menzel have one child together from their marriage, 4-year-old son
"And just the vulnerability," he adds. "It's weird: You can do whatever with your own life, but when it comes to someone else's, who is your blood, it's a level of vulnerability that I wasn't -- that I'm still not -- prepared for."
Diggs stars as homicide detective
Most Popular Stories
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana
- Fiat, Renault Strike Deal on New Light Vehicle
- A's Agree to 10-Year Lease to Stay in Oakland