The law that passed Monday does not apply to water shows with dolphins or bull fighting nor does it prohibit the use of animals in
Circuses will be given one year to change their acts.
Several states and cities in
Circuses argue their animals are treated humanely and say some actually enjoy performing. But animal rights activists argue the animals are often held in confined spaces with poor conditions and are forced into performing.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- Hiring on the Rise at Small Businesses
- 3.4 Million Now Insured Under Covered California
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio