The law that passed Monday does not apply to water shows with dolphins or bull fighting nor does it prohibit the use of animals in
Circuses will be given one year to change their acts.
Several states and cities in
Circuses argue their animals are treated humanely and say some actually enjoy performing. But animal rights activists argue the animals are often held in confined spaces with poor conditions and are forced into performing.
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- Netflix Unveils New Way to Share Picks
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits
- Construction Spending Staged Strong Rebound in July
- Celebrities Vow Revenge on Hackers Who Posted Photos