The PCI DSS is a set of requirements designed to ensure companies that process, store or transmit credit/debit card information, maintain a secure environment to manage the fast evolving payment card industry (PCI) security standards.
PCI DSS is administered and managed by the
The bank explained in a statement that by the recognition, it had also earned the level 1 PCI certification which is the highest rank available from the major credit card providers (Visa,
Level 1 PCI certification is only given to third-party providers who meet the Council's stringent and audited - credit/debit card transaction security protocols to protect customers' personal transaction data.
Level 1 requires an external audit for approval, which is more rigorous than lower level compliance. The process further attests to the security of the bank's network, applications, hardware and business processes. The audit was performed by the Qualified Security Assessor from
Speaking on the certification, the Group Managing Director/Chief Executive,
"PCIDSS will further boost our customers' confidence in the safety and protection of their electronic data and e- payment services."
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia