The increase is more than 200 percent compared to the current rate, an LCCI press release said here on Friday.
He was of the view that the increase in GIDC would harm the measures taken by the government in federal budget 2014-15 to boost industrial activities. It would add 30% to the cost of production for those industries that use captive power generation and would leave negative effects on their competitiveness. This will also increase the cost of power and will affect other industrial consumers as well, he said.
LCCI Chief said the levy of this enormous increase of GIDC on CNG would add enormously to the cost of CNG directly affecting people as it will increase cost of both public and private transportation.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day