The Standard & Poor's 500 crept to another record high on Monday after U.S. companies announced a handful of deals.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 18.82 points, or 0.1 percent, to 16,943.10.
The S&P 500 index gained 1.83, less than 0.1 percent, to close at 1,951.27.
The Nasdaq composite index rose 14.84 points, or 0.3 percent, to 4,336.24.
For the year:
The Dow is up 366.44 points, or 2.2 percent.
The S&P 500 index is up 102.91 points, or 5.6 percent.
The Nasdaq is up 159.65 points, or 3.8 percent.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Josh Gordon Loses Appeal, Out for Season
- Pending Home Sales in U.S. Rise in Hopeful Sign
- Visual Search Sounds Cool, Remains Elusive
- Texans Look for Perry-Cruz Showdown in 2016
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women