More than 300,000 people from the flood prone region of East Demerara will benefit from reduced flooding and climate risks as a result of a US
Nearly 90% of
Specifically, the project will:
-Upgrade critical sections of the
-Improve drainage capacity in priority areas along the East Demerara coast.
-Increase flood preparedness by installing instruments to monitor hydro-meteorological data.
The second project approved for US
These 2 credits aim at reducing poverty and providing opportunities for all Guyanese by reducing vulnerability to climate change and ensuring quality secondary education.
About 85% of young Guyanese are enrolled in secondary education.
Among concrete results to be achieved by the project are:
-2,600 new students from vulnerable areas enrolled in general secondary
-A pilot technology-assisted learning in mathematics
-600 secondary mathematics teachers trained, mathematics standards for secondary school teachers increased, and math kits distributed to 250 secondary schools.
These IDA credits to the Government of
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border