Gold futures tracked buoyant stocks which continued to limit the safe haven appeal of the precious metal. Meanwhile, European shares rose to 6-year highs, while
Gold for August delivery, the most actively traded contract, edged up
Gold for June delivery scaled an intraday high of
Last week, gold ended lower on some positive jobs data from the US even as the dollar strengthened against a select band of currencies.
The dollar index, which tracks the US unit against six major currencies, traded at 80.65 on Monday, up from its previous close of 80.43 late Friday in North American trade. The dollar scaled a high of 80.69 intraday and a low of 80.30.
The euro traded lower against the dollar at
In economic news, confidence among
US weekly unemployment claims, consumer sentiment and retail-sales results are on tap for later in the week.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Spiders Get Bigger, Reproduce Faster in Cities
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight
- Dollar Tree Falls in Q2
- Why BofA Won't Pay $17 Billion After All