"It appears that, despite government efforts to the contrary, credit in the non-bank shadow banking system continues to rise rapidly," Deloitte said on Monday in a near-term outlook piece on the region .
The government reports that, in the first quarter, trust company assets were up 8 percent from a year earlier, it said.
The country's trust companies now have assets of 11.7 trillion Chinese yuan, or
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Clinton Wants U.S., E.U. to Get Tough on Russia
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American
- GM Looking for Ignition Fix for Certain Cadillacs
- BlackBerry Appoints New COO from LiveOps Inc.
- U.S. Stocks Start the Week on Shaky Ground