After the success of first phase of Debit Card, Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP) is implementing plans for better and improved payment mechanisms in future for greater efficiency, transparency and facilitation to the beneficiaries.
Transparency and efficiency are at the core of BISP?s operations and the system of BDC was founded on the same principles. Based on the lessons learnt so far, BISP has planned to introduce a number of changes in the system with the purpose of not only facilitating BISP?s beneficiaries but also holding the partner banks more accountable.
BISP is now engaged in a re-hiring process of banking services for disbursements to the beneficiaries. The rehiring process is expected to be completed by end
However, once new cards are issued to beneficiaries under the new arrangement, all such amount/arrears will be re-issued accordingly. Further, the issuance of Debit Card has been suspended but the complaints related to blocked cards and PIN code re-generation will continue to be redressed as per current mechanisms.
The new Debit card will be personalized with the name of beneficiary printed on it and some added features. Printing the name of beneficiary will resolve problems of counterfeiting and misplacements of cards. Under the new system banks will be bound to implement a robust complaint handling system, unlike the old system, for facilitation of beneficiaries.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures