After the success of first phase of Debit Card, Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP) is implementing plans for better and improved payment mechanisms in future for greater efficiency, transparency and facilitation to the beneficiaries. Transparency and efficiency are at the core of BISP's operations and the system of BDC was founded on the same principles.
Based on the lessons learnt so far, BISP has planned to introduce a number of changes in the system with the purpose of not only facilitating BISP's beneficiaries but also holding the partner banks more accountable.
BISP is now engaged in a re-hiring process of banking services for disbursements to the beneficiaries. The rehiring process is expected to be completed by end
The process for distribution of new cards, is expected to be completed by the end of FY 2013-14, said Secretary BISP. He added that in the meantime, we have decided to suspend the outreach activities for issuance of Debit Card under the old system.
Secretary BISP also informed that the Tehsil and Divisional offices have been instructed to mobilize the beneficiaries to withdraw their cash against their existing cards as soon as possible, because the accounts may be suspended for a short period of time to complete the reconciliation process with the existing banks and the unwithdrawn amount in beneficiary accounts will be taken back by BISP. However, once new cards are issued to beneficiaries under the new arrangement, all such amount/arrears will be re-issued accordingly. Further, the issuance of Debit Card has been suspended but the complaints related to blocked cards and PIN code re-generation will continue to be redressed as per current mechanisms.
Most Popular Stories
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Four DC Comics Properties Brought to TV Get Comic-Con Event
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs
- Plan to Simplify 2015 Health Renewals May Backfire
- UFC Fight Night Sees Robbie Lawler Win Unanimous Decision
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy ' Sequel Slated for 2017
- Pending Home Sales Slipped in June