INVESTORS behind a private finance initiative (PFI) contract used to build
Part of the money will be used to terminate a deal with the consortium behind the contract,
It will mean the trust will repay the council for the loan but at the lower public sector rate, which the trust hopes will slash its borrowing costs and save the trust £3.5m a year.
The deal would be the first of its kind in the country, and could pave the way for more deals to be struck by councils, the NHS and private investors to end PFI contracts despite concerns over costs to the public purse.
Most Popular Stories
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Fiat, Renault Strike Deal on New Light Vehicle
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana
- Senate, House Locking Horns on Border Funds
- A's Agree to 10-Year Lease to Stay in Oakland
- LinkedIn to Buy Ad Tech Company Bizo for $175 Million
- Jeter, Bauer Give Fox a Strong Week in TV Ratings