Some 86 communities in
Mr Godwin Akwagiobe, the state Water Project Engineer, stated this in an interview with the News agency of
Akwagiobe said the beneficiaries included 16 communities in Okpoma, Yala; 20 in Obubra, 14 in Itigidi Phase II; 12 in Obubra, 13 in Ogoja, nine in Ikom, two in Ikom Phase II, and one in Itigidi Phase I.
He said that the
He also said that the
He said that most of the projects were already serving residents of the affected communities, adding that the few ongoing ones would soon be completed.
Akwagiobe said that most of the benefiting communities had no potable water for several years, noting that the intervention had alleviated their suffering.
Before now, the people were drinking unsafe water from ponds, rivers, lakes and wells," he said.
He appealed to the affected communities to own, maintain and protect the various water schemes which the state government had spent so much to attract.
NAN reports the some communities had already taken delivery of the completed projects included Itigidi, Ikom, Ogoja and Obudu.
We thank Gov. Liyel Imoke for this gesture. This will help us a lot. Water was our main problem," she said.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe