More than 4 million of the banks customers make an average of four basic online transactions every month that previously would have required a visit to their local branch.
Customers who now do those same transactions on their phone, tablet or computer are saving an average six mile round trip to their bank branch. That is more than 24 million miles saved every year in total - enough to circle the globe 963 times and the equivalent of £3m in fuel.
Customers are also saving up to two hours of their time every month by using mobile and online services to keep on top of their finances. Mobile app
Nearly 170,000 of RBS and NatWest s customers use the mobile app
The banking app is more popular than ever, with stats showing that usage on Friday 30 May made it the busiest day ever. The app had 3.65 million log ins, up 4% on the previous peak day of
The busiest time for logins on that day was
I m delighted that relatively new services like our award-winning mobile app are allowing our customers to save valuable time and that we are providing an unprecedented range of choices to make banking simpler and easier.
The banks are investing £750m across the
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- Advocacy Group Calls for Chrysler Probe
- DHS Warns Retailers About Malware in Cash Registers
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map