The size of the Bank s bond-purchasing economic stimulus programme was kept unchanged at £375 billion.
The decision was widely anticipated, despite continued signs of strength in the
Carney however, added the economy had edged closer to the point where interest rates would need to increase.
Commenting on the bank s announcement, chief economist at the British Chambers of Commerce,
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Eric Holder Bringing Civil Rights Reminders to Ferguson
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- Uber Hires Obama Campaign Manager David Plouffe
- Russia Claims Ukraine Leaders Are Satanists, Jews or Maybe Even Scientologists
- Bob Marley Musical to Make Premiere in Baltimore