The other major mobile carrier
Softbank has partly offered a flat-rate service for calls between its handsets, but the upcoming one will cover all calls including those to fixed-line phones and mobile phones of other carriers, it said.
The monthly basic charges will be
The company will also introduce a range of rate options for data communications that can be chosen based on data traffic and enable users to carry over unused capacity or share it with family members, it said.
Moves by retailers and other companies outside the industry, such as supermarket chain
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Eid al-Fitr Celebrations Mark End of Ramadan
- Oppression of Women Cripples Africa: Obama
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya