The Victorian government released a AU
The Victorian ICT Workforce Development Plan (PDF) is aimed at helping to overcome misconceptions and increase awareness of IT careers, optimize the contribution that IT can offer businesses, and improve the alignment between IT qualifications and business requirements.
It is critical that Victorian businesses are able to find people with the appropriate technical capabilities to compete on a global stage, and the new plan is expected to enable a future supply of IT skills is built with local talent.
Information and communication technology now plays a vital role in virtually all businesses and continue to drive
Although we know ICT careers offer excellent financial incentives and opportunities, businesses often find it difficult to recruit workers with the required ICT skills. With ICT roles approaching 5% of total employment in the state.
Despite strong industry demand for IT professionals, enrollments in tertiary courses leading to IT careers remained weak, leaving employers facing recruiting challenges, a trend the government hopes to combat with the new plan.
To ensure that
The Victorian government launched its ICT Skills Initiatives package, designed to help invigorate GFC-impacted economic growth by buying a workforce of IT professionals from both tertiary institutions and non-educational pathways.
The Victorian ICT Workforce Development Plan is designed to build on the momentum started by the 2011 package, with the Victorian Government ICT Strategy, which was released last year, and contains initiatives that apply to the IT workforce in both the government and private sectors.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Florida's Largest Insurer Says 'Bailout' Attacks Unfair
- Wealth Gap Widened in Past Decade: Census
- Deere Announces New Round of Layoffs
- Gap Reports Higher Profits, India Plans