The CPS aims to alleviate the two main causes of poverty and hardship in FSM - the lack of opportunities to earn income and inadequate access to services - by improving the environment for businesses and promoting improved service delivery.
The areas of engagement throughout the period of the Country Partnership Strategy in FSM include:
- Improving electricity supply and efficiency while setting the stage to increase the use of renewable energy,
- Enhancing telecommunications access and affordability,
- Increasing fishing revenue while managing fisheries sustainably,
- Strengthening the investment climate, and
- Improving the management of the impacts of climate change and natural hazards.
Extensive consultations were held during the preparation of the CPS over a period of 12 months. In addition to holding discussions with the national government, the WBG held consultations with the government in each of the four states and met with NGO representatives, development partners, the Secretariat of the
FSM is a federation of four semi-autonomous states (Chuuk, Kosrae, Pohnpei and Yap) and has a population of approximately 102,843 people. FSM's islands span 1.6 million square kilometers of ocean north of the equator that extends from
TNS 18EstebanLiz-140607-30FurigayJane-4759504 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia