US MARKETS opened at record highs yesterday as the country's labour market added a seasonally adjusted 217,000 jobs in May - taking the total number jobs above its prerecession peak.
According to the
Last month's additions have been revised down slightly, from 288,000 to 282,000. For now, the pace of monthly job creation seems to be solidly above the 200,000 mark.
Ashworth said the reduction in unemployment should trigger a significant pick-up in US wage growth soon.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Hamas Claims Gaza Ceasefire as Victory Over Israel