The CPS aims to alleviate the two main causes of poverty and hardship in FSM the lack of opportunities to earn income and inadequate access to services by improving the environment for businesses and promoting improved service delivery.
The areas of engagement throughout the period of the Country Partnership Strategy in FSM include: Improving electricity supply and efficiency while setting the stage to increase the use of renewable energy, Enhancing telecommunications access and affordability, Increasing fishing revenue while managing fisheries sustainably, Strengthening the investment climate, and Improving the management of the impacts of climate change and natural hazards.
Extensive consultations were held during the preparation of the CPS over a period of 12 months. In addition to holding discussions with the national government, the WBG held consultations with the government in each of the four states and met with NGO representatives, development partners, the Secretariat of the
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)