For some years now, the IDB has supported modernization efforts in the electricity sector of the
The program is important because, despite progress made by the
The overall goal of the program is to boost the electricity sector s financial sustainability by cutting total electricity waste in the distribution system and to improve the operation and marketing of services provided by Electricity Distribution Companies. Yet another objective is to enhance the quality of the supply of electricity to end users.
With this project the IDB hopes to contribute to the country s
With the implementation of this phase of the PRPCM,the idea is to reduce electricity waste by at least 10 percentage points, taking it from the 33.1 percent recorded at the end of 2013 to 23.1 percent in 2017.
In order to achieve this, the program calls for overhauling priority electrical circuits, improving measuring systems, strengthening commercial management and achieving continuity in institution-building.
The main results from the program are expected in the first three years and are related to improvements in Electricity Distribution Companies in three main ways: operational efficiency, commercial management and quality service.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Parents Opt to Keep Baby Photos off Facebook
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- Rising U.S. Consumer Prices Slowed Down in July
- Home Depot Builds Nice Net Income in Q2
- Mike Brown Death Timeline
- Student Entrepreneurs Get a Leg Up in Philly
- Taylor Swift is a Country Dweller No More
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery