Users simply select audio from their chosen music or radio service app and send it via Bluetooth to a Caskeid speaker. The Caskeid technology integrated into the speaker takes care of ensuring that music is then seamlessly and synchronously sent to all the speakers in the group.
Caskeid is a family of technologies developed by Imagination to deliver efficient and accurate wireless multiroom audio. Specifically, Caskeid technologies address accurate and advanced synchronization (for the best sounding audio), effective low latency (for instant response across the system) and fully functioned management of the speaker system. Caskeid technologies are available for licensing from Imagination now as part of its portfolio of advanced connected consumer technology products for custom SoC design.
Both PEAQ and Pure are already shipping Caskeid enabled speakers and
Three major brands,
To make Caskeid s advanced capabilities fully accessible to music services, a Caskeid Software Developer Kit (SDK) enables agnostic app support over Wi-Fi for any Caskeid speakers. Apps that have Caskeid embedded into them will give users a richer multiroom audio experience. Announcements from partners who are using the SDK are expected later this year.
Uniquely, Caskeid technology delivers outstanding audiophile-quality stereo playback with less than 25Ás synchronisation accuracy, providing a true Wi-Fi Hi-Fi experience that is good enough to replace wires, satisfying even the most demanding audiophile.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia