In response to the 7-day outage of the
NPS has a web hosting and content management system in its
During the inspection, we found three major issues contributing to the outage. First, we found that One GSS had not been properly authorized to operate because NPS inadequately assessed One GSS and the data the system hosts. Second, we found that NPS did not have an appropriate contingency plan in place to efficiently respond to and minimize damage and downtime from the outage. Third, we found that NPS, DOI, and
We offered 14 recommendations in total, 5 to DOI and 9 to NPS, focusing on establishing processes to assess system risk and properly authorize systems to operate, maintaining accurate and up-to-date documentation and contingency plans, and documenting service level agreements that assign roles and responsibilities to all entities involved in web hosting services.
Read the complete report here (http://www.doi.gov/oig/reports/upload/ISD-IS-OCIO-0001-2014Public.pdf).
TNS 30VianaGem - 140606-4759104 30VianaGem
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- Merck Profit More Than Doubles in Q2
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z