The Securities & Futures (Levy) (Amendment) Order 2014 was gazetted today, seeking a 10% levy reduction on securities, and futures and options contracts, trading.
The reduction will benefit the general investing public and the financial industry, the
Under the order, the levy a securities transaction buyer or seller will pay will fall from 0.003% to 0.0027%, while that for a futures contract transaction will fall from
The levy payable for a transaction for a Mini-Hang Seng Index Futures Contract, a Mini-Hang Seng Index Options Contract, a Mini-Hang Seng China Enterprises Index Futures Contract, a stock futures contract or an option for such a contract will fall from
The order will be tabled in the
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Detroit Raced Toward this Week's Bankruptcy Trial
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- California Passes First US Statewide Bag Ban
- Obama on Labor Day: Don't Take Rights for Granted